# Legal

Get an appointment with the police: recommendations

International students staying in Barcelona for more than three months are required to have an identity card in Spain. A residence certificate is needed by EU citizens and they have 90 days from the date of arrival for processing. For…

Read more

Obtaining the resident Visa: a challenging process!

Your school or university may have already informed you that if you are going to stay in Spain for more than three months it is mandatory to have an identification card (NIE). If you are from a country included in…

Read more

Why is it mandatory to register in the City Council (empadronamiento)?

It is a Spanish legal requirement to officially register your residence with the City Council.   On the one hand, you will appear as resident of Barcelona in the Spanish Government’s records, and on the other, it is essential to…

Read more